Monday, January 21, 2013

DIY J.Crew Pixie Pants...my style!

Remember how I was gushing about how I loved J.Crew Pixie Pants, but I just couldn't afford them? Well, I found a way to have pants/leggings similar to them without breaking bank! Now, my way might be different than what you may have imagined but it's the closest I came to making these pants similar to the Pixie Pants.

Materials:
$28 - 1 HUE cotton leggings
$10.88 for 3 yds. - any zipper (Wal-Mart)

So if you totaled the prices, these pants/leggings would be about $30 (not including all 3 yards of the zipper).
Fortunately, for me, I found a pair of HUE leggings for a little less than $6 at Goodwill and it still had the tag on it too! For me, it came up to be about $10 instead of $30.

Anyway, this DIY is VERY simple. You simply cut one 6-7in. off of the 3 yds. of the zipper and sew this onto the backside of the leggings or pants of your choice. And there you have it! Pixie Pants Jr.!!!! See how easy that was? Mine is still in the process of being made! I ran out of the zippers :(

You can use different pants or leggings for this. I actually think that workout pants would work better since Pixie Pants are stretchy and have spandex in them. Leggings aren't the best option especially if they're thinner much like the cheap Forever21 leggings. Again, opt for ones that have spandex in them!

What did you think of this DIY? Easy, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment