Friday, January 27, 2012

A Not-so-bronze Bronzer Review

From left to right: Maybelline Fit Me Bronzer, E.L.F. Bronzer,
Wet n Wild Colorcon Bronzer in Bikini Contest
I decided to do a review on bronzers I'm currently giving you ideas on bronzers.
I will rate each one from 1-10 individually and from 1-3 on which is my favorite.
Maybelline Fit Me Bronzer in Medium Bronze - $5
I give this bronzer a 5 out of 10. You can do without it.
It's number 2 on my list. I've only tried 3 bronzers so that's why it's number 2.
Otherwise, this would be low on my favorite bronzers list!
I wasn't too surprised at the quality since it is drugstore brand and Maybelline.
Maybelline Fit Me products have never been a favorite of mine since
1) not well pigmented
2) priced high for the quality of the product

My advice to you: don't buy it! Same for the blush!

Eyes Lips Face (E.L.F.) Bronzer in Golden Bronze - $3
This gets a 5 out of 10 and it's number 3 on my list since it's horrible!
I gave it a 5 and not lower since this works better as a highlighter than a bronzer.
As a bronzer, it sucks! Horrible! I don't like it!
I'm not sure if I bought the wrong shade for me, which was like medium, I think.
The next one up would have been too dark for me.
Again, I'm not surprised with the quality since E.L.F. is fairly cheap.
Guess I get what I paid for, right?

Wet n Wild Colorcon Bronzer in Bikini Contest - $4

Of course, this is my favorite bronzer! Save the best for last!
I rate this a 8 out of 10 and of course it's number one on my list.
I didn't give this a 10 because sometimes when I apply it it's blotchy,
but I can work around that by blending it out more.
This is highly pigmented! Super! I love this!
The sun design is a plus to the bronzer too!
Out of them all, I definitely recommend this.
It's the same price as the Maybelline Fit Me one, but better quality.
I'm never disappointed with Wet n Wild products.

Some swatches of the bronzers

Wet n Wild
As you can see, the E.L.F. one is very sheer so you can't see it well as a bronzer,
but like I said, it's a great substitute for a highlighter.
The Maybelline Fit Me one is almost the same color as the Wet n Wild,
but it's a little lighter. The color matches me best but I have to like pack it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment