Thursday, January 12, 2012

CVS (Awesome Couponing) Haul

(I can't rotate the picture! It won't let me!!!!)

Are you an extreme couponer? I'm not either! Haha! 
My sister recently got me hooked onto couponing.
She's very thorough and neat with all her couponing...unlike ME!
So, I'll walk y'all through with what I did to save about $15+
with just coupons and only paying about $7 out of my pocket.

FIRST!!!!
Print off a $1.00 coupon for any Aveeno Facial Care Product 
and a $1.00 Aveeno Hand/Body Lotion. CVS also has a 
BOGO half off sale for Aveeno products.
Be sure to either clip the Revlon deal in the CVS ad 
or just grab the whole CVS ad.
The Revlon deal is to buy either the 3D Volume mascara, an eyeshadow 
quad, or one of the infamous Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters 
and pay $5.99 and get $3.00 extracare bucks.


SECOND!!!!
I picked out one of my favorite Mars candy bars, 
which was Dove Milk Chocolate Almond.
This was $0.75, but you get $0.75 extracare bucks so basically it's FREE.
Next, I grabbed the purple Revlon eyeshadow quad for $5.99. 
Last, grab one of the GE Light Bulbs for $2.99 and  get $2.00 extracare bucks.

Total for this transaction, I paid $10.22 and earned $5.75 extracare bucks.

FINALLY!!!!
*note* It was my birthday this past Sunday so I got a $3.00 off coupon.
Go to the lotion aisle and pick out your favorite 
Aveeno lotion or facial product.
I chose the Aveeno Skin Brightening Scrub for $7.99 
and the Aveeno makeup wipes with soy extract or something for $7.99,
but remember it's BOGO half off.
Then, for the lotion I got a travel size 
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion for $3.69.
Last, as an extra since I needed them, I got bobby pins for $1.99.

The total so far is $21.66 without tax. 
Minus $4 or the half off I get for the second Aveeno facial product
Minus $1 for the Aveeno facial product coupon
Minus $1 for the Aveeno hand/body lotion coupon
Minus $3 for the birthday coupon
Minus $3 for the Revlon extracare bucks
Minus $2 for the GE Light Bulb extracare bucks
and  finally minus $0.75 for the Mars candybar.

Overall deductions - $14.75
New subtotal - $6.91 + $0.73 (5% tax) = $7.64 

Now, let's add up both transactions.
$10.22 + $7.64 = $17.86

Total without discounts or coupons.
$10.22 + $24.04 (w/tax) = $34.26

As you can see I saved myself more or less $15 on this shopping trip.
Like I said, I'm not a huge coupon person so I do spend more than
the usual extreme couponer. But, I did save a lot...$15 that I can spend on something else!

Share your couponing experience in the comments.
Or, post a blog and tag me or something!
I would love to know about your couponing techniques and habits.



No comments:

Post a Comment