Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August Chicago Trip

Last weekend, I happened to go to Chicago, IL, for a little vacation.
Over there, I planned to
1) touch The Bean in Millenium Park
2) Go through all 5 attractions in the CITY PASS
[ failed...I only went to 4 :( ]
3) walk downtown
4) eat out A LOT
5) HAVE FUN
I did have fun. It was a great experience. I've been there plenty of times, but I've never had the time to look around nor enjoy my time in Chicago. I wanted to see the attractions in Chicago like The Bean, Chinatown, etc., although I HATE Chicago traffic whether I'm walking or driving. It was a bitch! Anyway, it was a great vacation even if there were some arguments, some pouting, and some group ditching :)
I <3 Thai food! Of course! This is Pad Kee Mao, my favorite dish of all time!!!! I couldn't resist NOT ordering it! So, the first place my family and BF stopped at was a Thai restaurant.
The hotel I stayed at was called Aloft Chicago O'Hare...and let me say it is uber cool. It's very trendy and hip and more based on a younger crowd, I should say. There's a bar area, pool table, and a whole bunch of hangout areas along with board games. Below are some pictures of the hotel and of the rest of my trip. 
ENJOY THE PICTURES!!!!
Shower
Whoa! How cool is that?! A hotel that PROVIDES Shampoo + Body Wash?!
the elevator floor moves?!
cool sink
sink area + bathroom (behind the mirror)
HDTV...on the wall
Awww! KING size bed
This window peeps into the shower TEEHEE
hangout area to the right of check-in desk
bar area
My sis playing pool
Me & my sis before heading out to Navy Pier
Such a beautiful view of the lake & skyscrapers near Shedd Aquarium
Just lil 'ol ' me
went to The Field Museum in the Egyptian exhibit and guess what I saw?
Can you see something wrong with this picture?
I flew to the moon at Adler Planetarium
Sipping on a White Peach Cosmo at Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ Restaurant
Damn...this drink was so strong...I was already buzzed after taking a few drinks. FTW?! It's only a Mai Tai?!
the best ramen I've ever had
BBQ
me taking a pic with THE BEAN
Can you spot me?
YUP, I did it! I had to get Pad Kee Mao AGAIN
Aw, dammit! The Japanese Garden is closed at The Chicago Botanical Garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment