Saturday, December 1, 2012

My favorite Thai dish: Pad Kee Mao & where to get the BEST

@ Thai Lotus in Sheboygan, WI

This was by far the best that I've tried, which is including presentation, flavor, taste, and spice. Most of the time that I've ordered this in the past it's never been spicy like I asked for or else it tastes bitter. This was my first time ordering pad kee mao from this place too so I'm pretty satisfied with it. If you don't know what pad kee mao is it's just a thick-noodle dish with onions, broccoli (rarely), beans, bell peppers, mushrooms, and black pepper. It's amazing and I love it!!!! I mainly get this dish only for the noodles and seasoning. All else I usually don't eat.
@ Thai Cafe in Sheboygan, WI

This would be the perfect picture of how I explained how pad kee mao usually looks like. This is my second favorite or probably my favorite place to go more in general and for pad kee mao than at Thai Lotus. Sometimes this restaurant can make the pad kee mao a little bitter and not spicy enough but overall with service and taste I love this restaurant the most!
Here's another picture of the pad kee mao (right) to go and the other dish (left) is called the Sexy Salad, which is very delicious! Words cannot describe how amazingly good this salad is. It consists of cucumbers, lettuce, carrots, your choice of meat (chicken is best) and a special sauce that taste kind of like ranch with a special something. This is also from Thai Cafe.
I forgot what this Restaurant is called but I think it's something like Tim Tum Thai in Chicago, IL. This place has great food, but I wouldn't recommend their spring rolls. Those were disgusting, but all else is very delicious. I love their pad kee mao. It was good but not the best.
Here's another Chicago, IL restaurant that served pad kee mao. It's a Thai restaurant and I also forgot the name but it's just a few restaurants away from this Japanese restaurant called Gyu-Kaku, I believe. 

Anyway, about the dish I thought it was alright. I have this place rated last place just because it wasn't the best pad kee mao I've tasted. The bean sprouts were kind of unnecessary. But, I was desperate for pad kee mao and they were serving it. OK-ay, but not the best, either. Also, don't order the pad thai. I think I remember it looking yellowish and it just wasn't good.

As  you can see I am pad kee mao obsessed  I can't go to a Thai restaurant without eating it. I used to like pad thai, which has longer thinner noodles with a sweeter taste, but now I prefer spicier food. So, next time you visit a Thai restaurant I recommend PAD KEE MAO.



1 comment:

  1. I'm getting hungry with the all Pad Kee Mao pictures. They look so delicious. I haven't tried this dish yet. Thank you for posting about them. At least I have an idea of what to get next time my family and I have Thai food. Believe it or not, I've tried Thai food for the VERY first time on my dad's birthday, which was a few weeks ago. Looking forward to trying it again. :)

    I kinda LOLed at the Sexy Salad. Looks really yummy though. I'd like to try that too. :D

    ReplyDelete