Tuesday, December 13, 2011

MyGlam December Bag Review


I couldn't wait until my MyGlam bag arrived. It came in a metallic pinkish-purple envelope and a very chic makeup bag! <3 Now, if you don't know what MyGlam is it's similar to Birchbox, a $10 monthly subscription to receive a makeup box, or in this case a bag, filled with deluxe beauty samples from high-end brands such as Urban Decay. Lancome makeup spokesperson and famous Youtuber Michelle Phan created this monthly subscription along with other makeup gurus such as Jessica Harlow, AndreasChoice, Promise, and Macbarbie07 that do videos on how to use the products in the MyGlam bag.

PICTURE TIME!!!!
 This is the metallic envelope it comes in. Cool, isn't it?

NYX Lip Cream in Istanbul  

     Tarte lights, camera, lashes! mascara

Urban Decay eyeshadow in Sin (also in Naked Palette 1)


Mai Couture blotting papers (everyone has different colors)

REVIEW TIME!!!!

I actually have nothing negative to say, which is rare because I always have something to say about a product!  I honestly am amazed at the product choice for the December MyGlam bag. It has all you need for a look: eyeshadow primer, eyeshadow, mascara, lip cream, and blotting papers. On top of that, there's a variety of NYX lip cream colors in every MyGlam bag. I saw on the site that there was a reddish one but I received a pink color, which is great because I cannot pull of red. As for eyeshadow choice, it's a neutral, frosty, FULL SIZE eyeshadow great for the upcoming cold season...and the launch of the UD Naked Palette 2. Sin is featured in the first UD Naked Palette as well as the mini UD Eyeshadow Primer that comes along with the palette. The Tarte mascara is also a great choice. I've actually tried out this mascara before and it makes my lashes look voluminous--and I have thin Asian lashes! On the other hand, the blotting papers weren't so exciting. I've never used them before because I don't have oily skin, but there's a first for everything. Good thing the bag comes with another sample of Mai Couture blotting papers. I can try them out and if it's not for me I can give the blue ones away. Besides the deluxe samples the MyGlam bag also has codes for discounts off certain items. There are two: $15 off UD Book of Shadow IV and 25% off of Mai Couture blush and blemish control products. That's just the extra oomph in the bag! 

Overall, I love the MyGlam bag! I was very hesitant on trying this out because I've seen my sister receive similar samples in her Birchbox subscription and I felt it wasn't worth $10. I guess you have to see it to believe it, eh? This would be a great gift to anyone whether they are a beauty/makeup geek as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment