Thursday, December 22, 2011

Wal-Mart Christmas Gift Brush Set Review


If you've ever bought drugstore brushes before you would agree that the quality isn't the best. But, these aren't just ordinary brushes! Now, let's not over exaggerate...these brushes are just as good as high-end ones, but it doesn't mean all of them are excellent. If you're just starting out these brushes are for you. $20 isn't bad for 7 full-size brushes and 4 mini ones along with cases. If you were to go to MAC, a full-size brush would cost you about $30-$50. To further add, the after Christmas sale marks these brushes for $10 only! What a steal!
But, you gotta hurry 'cause even now these brushes are selling like crazy! 

*Note, I received this brush set last Christmas so I've had awhile to use and try out these brushes*


Time to review each brush individually starting out with the full-size brushes!

The first brush on the left is a powder brush. I, personally, have never used this brush before for powder whether it's pressed or loose powder. I'm not a big fan of this brush. Honestly, I don't use it! There, I said it!
I have used it for blush before and this brush sucks...but of course it's not a blush brush, is it? :)

Next, the foundation brush...it works just as well as a high-end foundation brush. It feels soft against the skin and doesn't feel cheap. 

As for the blending brush, it's the same as the powder brush. I don't really use it for blending or bronzer because the application is horrible! Unless you are using a highly pigmented blush this brush is for you. I only use this brush to apply my E.L.F. blush in Passion Pink (my favorite).

The eyeshadow brush is...average. It's not the best I've used before but it's not utterly horrible. I will say that this brush didn't last that long because after I washed it a few times the glue was coming loose. So, this brush fell apart on me! Bummer!

The eye blending brush is great! I love it! Unlike Ecotools eye brushes this eye brush actually doesn't poke or scratch my eyelids. It's very soft and durable. I haven't used it for blending before, but mainly for highlighting the inner tear ducts and applying bits of eyeshadow on my lower lash line. Definitely a fave!

Flat and angled eyeliner brushes are pretty much useless to me. I don't really use gel liner so I don't find these brushes that useful. When I have used gel liner, I do prefer using the angled eyeliner brush for more precision than the flat eyeliner brush. Both are soft; I'm not used to using these brushes so I don't have much to say about them. They're not for me, but if you tend to use gel liner a lot or like to use brushes like these to apply eyeshadow on the lower lash line...these two are for you!


Minimize time!

I'm not going to repeat my opinions about each brush. Their the same as the full-size ones except these are travel size. They're perfect for traveling and work just as well as the full-size brushes. My favorite would still be the eye blending brush although the eyeshadow brush is almost as good. I only use that brush for contouring around my nose.

Overall, the brush set is a nice substitution for higher end brushes especially if you're just starting out, and perhaps if you want to expand your brush collection a bit. On each brush, there are little (fake) diamonds of some sort which glams up these brushes and the black color is très chic. The bags are definitely different than the ones I received last Christmas. This year's is more leathery--not real of course. Mine was more of a plastic fabric texture. Also, I believe there is a plastic cup holder for your brushes! This is very convenient. I actually lost mine!

I hope this review helped y'all a bit on the quality of these brushes and maybe even a gift suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment