Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Naked Palette 1 vs. Naked Palette 2

About two weeks ago, Urban Decay cosmetics launched a new eyeshadow palette called Naked2 or the Naked Palette 2. This palette was sold within the few hours when it was released. I was lucky enough to obtain one when Urban Decay restocked it a week after its release. Yet again, this palette sold out within hours. Now, is it better than Naked1?

Pros vs. Cons of Naked1

PROS
two skin-tone colored MATTE eyeshadows
 highly-pigmented
variety of neutral, warmer-toned shades
includes eyeshadow primer
decent eyeshadow brush (could do w/o the brush...meh)

CONS
 too many shimmery shades
flimsy case

Pros vs. Cons of Naked2

PROS
MATTE black eyeshadow (finally)
highly-pigmented
variety of neutral, cooler-toned shades
includes a nude lip gloss
double-sided brush --> eyeshadow/blending brush (much better)
better case so less worry about breakage

CONS 
too many shimmery shades (but this can also be a good thing)
doesn't have Naked or Buck 

Which one wins?

Personally, I would still choose Naked1 over Naked2 only because Naked and Buck aren't in Naked2. It's the Naked Palette so it should at least have Naked and not Half-Baked since most of the eyeshadows are already shimmery/glittery.Seeing all the posts about this got me so hyped up but after having it I think I could have done without this palette, although I feel I would match the cooler-toned shades in Naked2 than Naked1. It's great for the new shades of neutral eyeshadows and the matte black eyeshadow. UD products are always high-quality and amazingly pigmented. Even if I feel this way I am very happy to have Naked2 and won't give it up for anything! I love it even with my doubts. I haven't used it as much yet and am still experimenting with the colors. Definitely recommend it. As pricey as Naked2 is ($50) I feel the money I spend on a whole bunch of eyeshadows adds up so...this palette is worth it. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment