Friday, May 10, 2013

A Fun Way to Get Your Workout In

I know working out can be difficult for some especially because it can be pretty boring! I definitely dislike working out. I'm like most people: I make excuses to not work out. My mom received a treadmill as a birthday gift last year and it's sitting in my bedroom just waiting for me to run on it! Well, I haven't, or I seldom do. I probably ran on that thing for about 5-10 times out of a year. That's horrible! I don't like running on it because it's boring, even if I'm watching TV or listening to music. I'm easily distracted and, most of the time, I'm focusing on running and coming up with reasons why I'm running and not playing Candy Crush. Although, I know for a fact that if I sign up for a gym membership, and I have friend working out with me, then I will workout! But, I don't want to pay for a gym membership. I don't have the money for that! Well, what I'm about to recommend is also expensive, but it's SO worth the investment!
 
1. You'll need an XBOX Kinect, PS3 Move, or Wii.
One or the other. I'm using the XBOX Kinect. Now, this is a little different than the regular XBOX because it moves along with your body. Whatever you do, the game will do, depending on which game you're playing.
 
2. an XBOX Kinect (engaging/active) game like Just Dance 4
I love playing this game! This is the main reason for my post. It's so much fun even by yourself and it's even more fun with family and friends, such as at social gatherings or parties. This is such a workout! I sweat like a pig even after one song, especially Nicki Minaj's song "Super Bass" and even Ricki Martin's "La Vie de Loca." You're constantly moving around and dancing. You can even learn dance moves from this game! How awesome is that?! Play this for 5 minutes and you're good, but I'd recommend playing it a little longer. It doesn't hurt and it's extremely addicting and fun!
 
Some other songs included:
Justin Bieber "Beauty and a Beat"
Selena Gomez "Love You Like a Love Song"
Rihanna "Disturbia" & "Umbrella"
Maroon 5 "Moves Like Jagger"
 
and much more!
 
3. Fruit Ninja (Arcade Kinect) - optional
This game is also very addicting. After playing this one time my arms were sore for 2-3 days! If you enjoy playing this game on your smartphone, you'll LOVE, LOVE, LOVE playing this on the XBOX Kinect. Top this with Just Dance 4 and you'll be complete! It's my new workout routine! You can get your arms in shape--sort of. At least you're moving around!
 
4. Raving Rabbids Alive & Kicking
This game is great for both adults and kids. My favorite game in here is called "Hide & Seek," I think, and the other one is where you make the different shapes in a bath tub. "Hide & Seek" is like "Green Light, Red Light." You jump around or do some kind of movement and earn points and when the light is turning yellow to red, you hide so that the rabbids don't see you. If they do, then you lose some of the points that you earned. The other game is where you try to make a certain shape to get points and scare off the rabbids from finding you in the bath tub. It sounds easy, but people rarely ever get the complete shape. There's another one, I'll call it "Racing." This one requires two people to play and you simply race each other by jogging in place as fast as you can. This is a great cardio workout. You burn more calories jogging in place than you do running on a treadmill.
 
I understand that the above items can get pricey. I feel that they're definitely worth the investment. I'd rather pay for them and be able to workout and play at home than to be out in public. Also, if you can't afford these items, then borrow a friends or just buy one of the games and play at someone else's house. That's what I'm doing! Luckily, my sister has all the games. She's the reason why I'm playing all these games and working out again! (Thanks, sis)!


What did you think of my fun workout? Any other ideas? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment