Thursday, May 9, 2013

Battle of the Smartphones: iPhone 5 VS. Samsung GS4 VS. HTC One

Now we've all had this problem with finding the best smartphone out there! I certainly have! I'm still having a hard time finding the one. But, I've narrowed it down to these three bad boys! See any similarities in their physical features (hint, the size and shape)? Read on and see what I think about them.
The iPhone 5
It's an upgrade from the iPhone 4S: faster, longer, another row of apps, and in general, it's just better. BUT, I don't really see any thing that's completely different from the older versions of the iPhone. Siri is a plus, but she doesn't answer all your questions. She can be a little difficult. Playing games on the other hand, seems to be better than other smartphones, on the iPhone 5. Some games include Tap Tap, Bejeweled Blitz, and Candy Crush. The camera is fairly nice depending on the amount of light available. It is absolutely horrible in dark places or at night such as in night clubs or bars. I love the panorama feature in the camera options though. That's awesome, but I don't think I'd ever use it. It's great for Instagram and other social media sites.  It's easy to use since practically everyone has had an iPhone, of some sort, or else an iPod Touch. And, the battery life is fairly good. It's not like, say the HTC Evo, whose battery depletes easily. I also love how it's easier to find different mediums to charge the iPhone too (any model), such as with the iDock, the alarm/music player system, etc. One main flaw I see in the iPhone, in general, is the lack of a GPS app that's automatically included (and Google Maps navigation doesn't count--even with Siri). Again with the HTC Evo, navigation is already installed onto the phone. In addition, I hate how the iPhone doesn't have T9 or the option to have the words pop up so you can pick which is the right word. For example, if I want to text "do" it will pop up "do," "so," etc. so I can pick which word I actually want, instead of autocorrecting me. Overall, the iPhone 5 is great if you're mainly using it for games, social media and (kind of) for the camera.
The Samsung Galaxy SIV
I've never been very fond of Samsung phones--since I've been an iPhone user my whole life, but this one totally changed my mind! I love the new air gesture feature where you can just hover your hand above the phone to answer a call, instead of swiping it. This is extremely helpful since my hands are always dirty from doing something! Less germs, yay! You can take pictures from the front and back and edit them right away. You can have a back-up battery and there's also an SD card slot. This is a total advantage here since the iPhone 5 doesn't have any of the two I mentioned. Neither does the HTC One. I believe it still has navigation included already and the option to click your phone to another and see what's on another person's phone. Don't quote me on that though! A downside to this phone is that it's a little hard to get used to and learn how to use the new features. It might take a little time. But, hey, those who are patient reap in the rewards!
The HTC One
One thing I want to point out is the awesome sound system! Boom, boom, boom! I love how the speakers are actually on the front of the phone. This is great for listening to music in your room or playing music for other people--especially if you're like me and you had to play a song from your phone to a whole warehouse of people. This phone is made of aluminum, so it might seem a little too cheap feeling, but I think it's okay. It comes with the Facebook home feature, if you're into that, and BlinkFeed, which you can't turn off. There's an internal GPS system, which is always convenient, compared to the iPhone's Google Maps navigation. The camera is fairly decent. I'm picky about the cameras, so I wont' say anymore. That's for you to decide. Again, don't quote me on this, but in the past from using HTC phones there was the T9 option and the "choose the word" option, which I absolutely love, so I'm sure it's also included in this phone.

And the winner goes to...

The Samsung GS4!!!! I chose this one because it performs the same tasks and has similar features as the iPhone 5 and it has internal navigation and the "no touch" option. My second choice would be the iPhone 5 though, and then the HTC One. I hope you all found this post to be helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment