Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sty(e) - an eye infection :(

[image source: www.walgreens.com]
As you can see be the picture, a sty(e) is an infection that usually occurs on the waterline, either inside our outside, and sometimes on the eyelid. Some causes for getting this infection is improper removal of makeup, sleeping with makeup on, wearing contact lenses, and...something else about your eyes having too much wax or something. The sty(e) can appear either white or reddish and can be painful as well.

I recently got one this past weekend on Sunday, October 28th. I probably got it because I wore contact lenses that weren't worn or opened in weeks-months and I also didn't take off my makeup as well as I had hoped. When I finally realized that I had one I was freaking out! I went directly online and researched a bit on sty(e)s and how you treat them or got them. They're painful for the first day or two, but it eventually fades. I still have mine. It doesn't hurt anymore but it's still visible. I recommend skipping eyeliner or any eye  makeup in general to help the sty(e) heal faster. Also, I've heard that rubbing a warm wash cloth over the sty(e) or the eye helps...some people have popped it or picked at it, but...that probably makes it worse!!!! I hope this post of mine helps you out and remember: 
DON'T SLEEP WITH MAKEUP ON!
 Better be safe than sorry, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment